We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers!
We are continuously looking for volunteers to join us here at Word of Life Poland. There are many ways you can serve with us. Contact us if you are interested in serving an any of the following areas:
- Teachers should have experience and a passion for teaching and discipleship.
- Background in teaching ESL / EFL is beneficial but not necessary.
- We have a full industrial kitchen ready to feed hungry staff and students.
Housekeeping & Cleaning
- Our new, state of the art ministry center needs some help staying clean.
Property & Building Maintenance
- We need people with handyman skills or landscaping experience.
What should I expect?
Aside from helping our program and property function, you will have many opportunities to befriend and disciple students. Eating meals together, participating in chapel, and having meaningful conversation are all opportunities to impact the lives of students for eternity.
The school schedule runs from Monday night to Friday afternoon each week, leaving the weekends free to rest or experience Polish history and culture.
When do I come?
We have 3 school terms each year, each lasting about 2 months. Below are future term dates for our school:
- Spring 2020: May 11 - June 12, 2020
- Fall 2020: September 27 – November 20, 2020
- Winter 2021: January 17 – March 26, 2021
- Spring 2021: April 11 – June 4, 2021
- Fall 2021: September 26 – November 19, 2021
Volunteers may stay for 1 or more terms depending on their availability. Arrival and departure will vary for each person, but expect to arrive at least 1 week before the term begins and stay a couple days after.
Volunteers who are with us through the summer will have the opportunity to be a part of our youth camps. Likewise, volunteers who join us for our Winter Terms may have the opportunity to join us for Winter Camp in Zakopane.
What will it cost?
You will have the opportunity to raise financial support to cover the cost of your ministry and airfare. The costs below will cover your housing, meals, transportation in Poland, and tourism in our city, Łódź.
Term 1: Sept. 29 - Nov. 29 - $1500
Term 2: Feb. 2 - March 27 - $1500
Term 3: April 19 - June 12 - $1500
Terms 2 & 3 (Feb. 2 - June 12) - $2750
Full Year (Sept. 29 - June 12) - $3900**Includes participation in our winter camp!
Interested in longer?
Considering more than short-term missions? Contact us to find out about opportunities longer than a year.
Additional costs include items such as airfare and insurance, and will depend on length of stay and roles held by volunteers. We would love to talk with you about your personal needs and what it would take for you to come to Poland. If raising financial support for missions is new to you, let us know!